Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fejoia Cake


I'm trying to use fejoias in as many ways I can think of....a house down from us there is an entire hedge of them....they live overseas most of the thime....man I hate seeing good food on the ground rotting....so cake it is......this is just an apple crumble cake with fejoias substititued. Oh did I mention I really don't like fejoias! But cooked they're edible!!
125g butter
1c sugar
2 eggs
3/4c milk
2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder

TOPPING:
fejoias to cover the top of cake, skins off and chopped in half
1/2c flour
2 tblsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
50g butter

cake is made in a saucepan (so love this)...pop sugar and butter in till melts. Beat eggs and milk together and add alternately with sifted flour and baking powder. Mix it all up and pour into a 20cm cake tin.
Arrange fejoias over the cake. and sprinkle over the mixed together topping (rub the butter thru the other ingredients).

Pop into the oven for about an hour at 180c, and serve warm with tonnes of whipped cream!

This stayed moist for 2 days-might last longer but around here its inhaled!

Happy baking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks good, how come I didnt get any with my lovely guava jelly, hmmmm?
I bet Set devoured it in one sitting!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that looks like my plate! xx