Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Aventing



this year I was finally organised enough to actually make the advent calender I had been planning ot make for the last 2 years! it really is a bit over-the-top, but I do like it! I have always done the 12 days of Christmas with the kids....everyday has a pocket with an activity and sometimes a treat to. This year our activities have had to incorporate our age ranges, which can be a little challenging...so have included things like, colouring in competetion, making cookies for the neighbours, Christmas light drive-by, fudge making, Christmas eve service going etc etc...I would have liked it to be a bit more concentrated and over the top fun, but so many other things have had to happen along side it. - sigh, thats life huh!....I think the kids are enjoying the 'daily pocket', so thats cool. I really like the idea of a Christmas village, and Mary-Beth over at Salt and Chocolate has some very inspiring ideas about creating one....always next year!

No comments: