Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

teriffying adventures

well now, in a few days I'm leaving on a jetplane, over a large expanse of water to visit with my brother and his family - and I am TERRIFIED!....not of flying, I like that just fine; not because I'm staying with my brother's family - I like them just fine too!...and I know there will be exciting adventures to be had with them, memories to be made and 2 sweet babies to smooch and snuggle with .....
....but, oh how the heck do you leave your family - for 5 whole sleeps!!....totally can't get my head around it.

Now, The Man will be home to cater to there every need and whim, and will throw in a few adventures of his own I'm sure....but I'm not sure how to do life without organising our small army of 6, to not be continually making food, sorting washing, scolding kids, huggin them too....not to mention all the other things in life you do - and although from time to time I grumble and moan about them - these kids and the stuff that has to be done make up my life....seriously doubt that I'll make it on the plane!...and if by some miracle I do they will have to pour me on....Mum said when leaving your kids, you hug 'em, turn around and walk away and don't look back until you can't physically walk back to them. A huge personal challenge coming up - BUt with the sweet reward of some love over the othe side of the Pacific AND a homecoming to look forward to....now that will be awesome.....

ps that cool image up there is from Ruffles and Stuff...check her out sometime - shes cool.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Wow, that must be pretty terrifying! But I reckon by the time you get there you'll feel a whole lot better, and you'll end up having the time of your life! Think about how easy it will be to get out the door and have adventures! Good luck, hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

You are goig to have a blast missy!! Don't worry I'll be just around the corner if you need me to check in on them while your way xx

CHD said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip and got to IKEA! Thanks for the visit to my blog...glad I found you on here too. Cx