Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

our love day



like many of us, Valentines day doesn't really hold alot of appeal in the commercial sense...but I thought that we would celebrate family love and God's love instead....so, I got to work after seeing some awesome ideas on blogs and changing them to suit us. I made a sweet wee felt heart bunting banner to adorn the kitchen, picked some pretty flowers for the table. Then we made this 'love cake', and made a big pitcher of juice for morning tea.

I was inspired by these lolly filled hearts that Dana made, and adapted them to suit us....so each heart had a verse to check out about God's love and Pebbles inside to munch. We also made a bunch of mini paper planes and filled them with messages/sqiggles for each other of love....



The kids seemed to enjoy it and I reckon it was lovley! I liked that it suited each of my children in different ways...

2 comments:

Francesca said...

I like how you "customized" Valentine's day to suit your family, and filled it with love.

Anonymous said...

You guys really are just too cute!!