Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Micah Jack



my sweet baby is turning 2 on Monday......I just can't get my head around that.....its exciting and wonderful to be 2, but this Mama is not ready to let go of the bubby. I have an almost physical heart tug when I think of it, and know, that like the others I will enjoy his 2 year old self as much as any other stage...and am so grateful to have a heart brimming with memories of raising him so far....but still, sweet baby Micah is no longer a baby.
Micah Jack, was such a 'surprise' birth, very quick and full of er...excitement on the way to the hospital....I remember very clearly discussing whether we should find a farmhouse or barn as things progressed so fast...we drove a hairaising hour on a dirt/farm/metal/tarseal/windy road to get there just on time ...but thats another story....






Micah at 2, talks, runs, is silly, loves animals with passion, loves to 'fix' things with his tool box and funny little glasses on; he is loyal, he won't be pushed around if he has had enough, he has the cutest little squishy legs a Mama could ask for. He loves playdough, drawing, painting, running thru the sprinkler and sausages. Micah loves to bake and eat warm scones dripping with butter and jam - he loves his blanket and cuddly and drags them round the house making beds to read in, wherever we are. He loves building huts to have morning tea in, and so loves the beach and freedom of running and rock climbing, gently exploring wee hermit crab pools, and jumping on balloons. From your shiny blue eyes and your gorgeous curls -and all the way to your toes, we love you.
My sweet boy, we are so glad you are ours, so proud of the awesome little guy you are; grow strong my son, with your feet firmly planted in our Lord, and our love and eternal support for you.

I'll be back soon with some pics from his Mama made birthday gifts, and the happy day....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... soo sweet Mrs Frew, we love you to Micah Jack, see you tomorrow for Happy Birthday wishes xx

Gill said...

Doesn't time fly.
Thanks for your comment over at my blog. I'm not sure where you live? but if it was anywhere in the "Top of the South" I'd happily drop you off a bucket of blackboys when they're ripe in a couple of weeks.
X Gilly

Dee said...

awww, sweet post Briar...happiest of birthdays to Micah Jack. 2 is lovely, but i know what you mean...xoxoxoxoxoxo

Francesca said...

Happy Birthday Micah!

hanna said...

Happy Birthday big boy! Look at those gorgeous blonde curls :)
I'm being jealous on Isla's behalf hehe.
xx